BBQ sauce can be used in so many ways but normally these shop bought BBQ sauces just aren’t that great, I’ve found the best and simple BBQ sauce to make at home and use especially now it’s summer. In this blog I’m also sharing two fantastic recipe ideas to make use of your BBQ sauce, the first being an amazing Hunters Chicken and the second being a mouth-watering BBQ Beef Burger.
The Important Ingredient;
The most important ingredient to make the perfect BBQ sauce is the brand new Hellmann’s Tomato Ketchup sweetened with Honey. Now this BBQ sauce can be made for Burgers, wraps and more!
Why not use any other tomato ketchup? Well what makes Hellmann’s Ketchup sweetened with honey the best option is that to me and to many other the perfect BBQ sauce should both be smoky and also have a hit of sweetness. Hellmann’s Sauce allows it to be just that and when you add your Worchester Sauce and Smoked Paprika it just completes it.
To make this ingredient you want 2tbsp Hellmann’s, 1tsp Worchester Sauce and 2tsp Smoked Paprika. Mix them together and that’s the sauce sorted and it goes really well with chicken, burgers and more.
More information on the new Hellmann’s Ketchup sweetened with honey;
Retailing at £1.89 this product can currently be purchased at all nationwide supermarkets. Hellmann’s is one of the biggest brands when it comes to condiments and their new Hellmann’s Ketchup sweetened with honey is one of the best for me. The product is sweetened with ONLY honey to provide a more natural ketchup offering. The icing on the cake though is that it has 30% LESS sugar vs the market leader standard ketchup
Hunters Chicken has to be one of my most desired dishes to make for myself and my partner Nicky, The succulent Chicken Breast stuffed with mozzarella and wrapped with bacon topped off with our amazing BBQ sauce is so delicious!
- Our perfect BBQ Sauce
- 1 Chicken breast per person
- 2 rations of bacon per person
- A ball of Mozzarella
- Get a frying pan or griddle pan to medium heat with extra virgin olive oil.
- Make a pocket by cutting into the side of the chicken breast and add your mozzarella.
- Place chicken into your pan and fry until it has some colour.
- Roll out some foil and place your bacon onto the foil.
- Then add the chicken to your bacon laying it on the top.
- Roll the bacon around your chicken breast and wrap the foil tightly.
- Place in a preheated oven at 180° for 25 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of salad and top with our lovely bbq sauce.
- Calories per serving – 192
- Carbs per serving – 3
- Fat per serving – 12
- Protein per serving – 6
- Sodium per serving – 932
- Sugar per serving – 3
Recipe number two is the family favourite even more so now I use the Hellmann’s tomato ketchup sweetened with honey. Burgers have to be one of the most enjoyable meals ever and a BBQ Bacon burger is just simple amazing! This recipe should make roughly 4 burgers.
- 500g Beef Mince
- 1 Small Onion finely diced or grated
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1tsp ground coriander
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- Brioche Bun
- Lettuce and Onion
- Our amazing BBQ Sauce
- Add your Mince, diced onion, garlic, ground coriander, breadcrumbs, egg and a pitch of salt and pepper to a bowl and mix well.
- Shape your burger either using your hands or a burger press and then put the patties into the fridge for no less than ten minutes.
- Heat a pan of extra virgin olive oil at medium heat.
- Salt your burgers and peppers and add to your pan, make sure the burger sizzles once it hits the pan.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on one side then turn and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Cook your bacon to how you like it (I like mine crispy.
- While the other side of the burgers are cooking toast your Brioche Buns and prep your lettuce and onion.
- Build the burger. Start with some lettuce, a bit of onion, some BBQ Sauce, then the burger patty, some cheddar cheese, the bacon and then finish with another dollop of BBQ Sauce!
- Enjoy with some Chips and Onion Rings.
Nutritional Info on this recipe;
- Calories Per Serving – 607
- Carbs Per Serving – 59
- Fat Per Serving – 22
- Protein Per Serving – 13
- Sodium Per Serving – 524
- Sugar Per Serving – 10
You can check out Hellmann’s via the following links;